Life Enrichment Coordinator
The Life Enrichment Coordinator will complete activity assessments within 3 business days of resident move-ins. Provide ongoing physical, spiritual and cognitive activities for the residents’ enjoyment according to their interests. Working schedule must be flexible from 8:00am to 5:00pm, Mon-Fri. Comp time will be used during the week for evening and weekend activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Complete Life Story Form within 3 business days of each resident’s move-in.
- Maintain and follow budget.
- Be able to respond to flexible scheduling.
- Document Attendance.
- Keep current records of volunteers.
- Must obtain and maintain a chauffeur’s license within 30 days of hire.
- Present in-services/training for staff regarding activities for all levels of functioning.
- Provide activity materials and train staff regarding dementia residents.
- Conduct a monthly resident planning meeting.
- Plan activity calendar according to the residents’ interests and input.
- Provide a variety of physical, spiritual and cognitive activities.
- Coordinate and supervise planned outings.
- Maintain inventory of activity equipment and supplies, yearly.
- Maintain the activity areas and replace furniture after activities.
- Coordinate, recruit and supervise volunteers.
- Coordinate and prepare activities that staff will conduct.
- Maintain photo album, gift and memorial albums.
- Promote and encourage participation in activities.
- Work with Dietary Manager on combined events.
- Write newsletter monthly.
- Attend bi-weekly in-services, mandatory meetings and manager meetings.
- Use personal protective equipment, as required.
- Fill in as needed or requested.
- Respond to smoke and fire alarm systems.
- Answer telephone promptly and courteously.
- Read the Communication Log.
- Share ideas and comments you feel would benefit the Community.
- Follow all policies and Procedures and the Employee Handbook.
- Uphold confidentiality and HIPPA regulations.
- Comply with all state regulations as they apply to Assisted Living.
- Complete incident report forms, as necessary, for residents, self or co-workers.
- Fill out work orders when maintenance needs arise.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Good communication and written skills
- Organizational skills
- Able to lift 15-20lbs
- Have a good driving record
- Listening skills
- Commitment to the elderly
- Patience and flexibility
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Professional confidentiality
- Well-developed people skills
- Public relations’ skills
- Problem solving skills
- Calm, friendly demeanor
Required Education and/or Training
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience working with the elderly
- Experience in a Home Health Agency atmosphere
Full-time, part-time and PRN positions on evenings (2 – 10:30 p.m.) and nights (10 p.m. to 6:30 a.m.) available.
- Certified Nurse Assistant preferred but not mandatory.
- 18 years of age
- High school graduate or equivalent
- Prior experience in senior services preferred
- Assists residents with activities of daily living (i.e., grooming, dressing and undressing, toileting, shaving (with electric shaver), hair care, denture care, filing and cleaning nails, bathing)
- Makes routine rounds as scheduled
- Responds to pulled emergency cords
- Assists residents with clothing choices appropriate for the day’s weather, clean and stain-free
- Assists residents with ambulation and use of walkers, canes, wheelchairs, etc.
- Assists residents in transferring from bed to chair, wheelchair and commode
- Assists residents during meal times in the dining room and serve residents’ meals including tray service
- Routinely checks residents to ensure care needs are being met
- Performs housekeeping duties in resident apartments and common areas as assigned
- Enjoys serving seniors
- Excellent customer service and hospitality
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Patient and compassionate
- Able to multitask efficiently
Lyuba Vitale RN, ED