We are hiring!
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in the administering of medications to residents as ordered by the attending physician, under the direction of the attending physician, your supervisor and your administrator. The administration of medications shall be in accordance with established nursing standards, the policies, procedures, and practices of this facility, and the requirements of this state.
Delegation of Authority:
As a Certified Medication Aide, you are delegated the administrative authority, responsibility, and accountability necessary for carrying out your assigned duties.
- High school diploma or General Education Degree (GED).
- 1 to 2 months related experience preferred and/or training in direct service with older adults, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- State certified 40hour medication aide course is required.
- Knowledge of dementia, particularly of the Alzheimer’s type is helpful.
Reports to: Administrator / Administrator-In-Charge / Supervisor
PT and FT Cook
Windsor Manor Shenandoah is looking for part-time and full-time Cooks to join the team!
- Prepares and serves all meals for assigned shifts including special events.
- Ensures all leftovers are covered, labeled, dated and stored in the proper place.
- Assists the Food & Beverage Service Director in assigned responsibilities or acts as Food & Beverage Service Director as assigned.
- Check menus daily for any required advance preparation. Notes substitutions on the posted menu and maintains various recipes in absence of Food & Beverage Service Director.
- Prepares food using proper food handling and food safety techniques according to established policies and regulations. Maintains the proper temperature of food during preparation and serving.
Come work with a fun collaborative team that focuses on making seniors’ lives better!
PT Resident Assistant
Night Shift, 10-6
Assist in all dining service activities in the community’s main dining room, private dining rooms, living room, auditorium, coffee shop/county store, assisted living and skilled nursing dining rooms and room service. Manage dining service within budgetary guidelines while maintaining hospitality and food service standards.
The following specifications may differ depending upon the number of available employees among whom the performance of a particular job function can be distributed and the size and type of community.
- Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties requested by their supervisor.
- Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and /or abilities. To perform this job successfully, candidate will possess the mental abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently.
- All requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities.
Keeps current and integrates new information. Communicates and model’s organization values and fosters high performance.
- Makes written and oral reports/recommendations to Food and Beverage Director concerning the operation of the Dining Room Services.
- Administers department policies and procedures accurately to personnel, residents, visitors, and family members as necessary.
- Effectively communicates with co-workers, residents, staff and visitors.
- Demonstrates active listening techniques, seeks feedback, creates and maintains reporting mechanisms, gains support through effective relationships, and treats others with dignity and respect.